The University Alumni Portal / Alumni Follow-up System
Al-Quds Open University is the first University to establish and develop a computerized system to manage and follow up its alumni, based on the vision and mission of Al-Quds Open University that seeks to care for its graduates and offer them further development opportunities, and in the light of the great technological advancement in the recent years. The system can be found on the portal of “University Alumni” on the main website of the University. It provides many distinguished services to the graduates, such as, announcing specialized training courses, vacancies on a local level, and postgraduate studies scholarships on master and doctorate levels, in addition to publishing many articles and studies that seek to raise awareness on different areas among university graduates.
The Alumni Affairs Section creates for each graduate a separate account on the portal of the “University Alumni.” Consequently, each graduate can submit and update his/her contact information and data continuously, benefit from the services provided through the portal, and communicate with the Alumni Affairs Section on constant basis. Furthermore, the alumni follow-up system enables the Section’s management to issue alumni statements that disclose their data and contact information, in addition to relevant statistics. These statements can be directed towards relevant authorities, decision-makers, and, upon request, local community institutions, which would help provide fixed and partial job positions, as well as internships.
The computerized system also provides many distinctive services that help monitor the performance of the alumni follow-up coordinators at QOU’s branches. It also offers a comprehensive directory of institutions and their contact information.
Services offered through the Portal:
- Allow graduates to update their data and contact information through their accounts on the portal.
- Issue alumni statements that disclose their data and contact information, in addition to relevant statistics. These statements can be directed towards relevant authorities, decision-makers, and, upon request, local community institutions.
- Publish the news and events of the alumni follow-up for both, alumni and graduating students.
- Announce on a daily basis the available vacancies at the local community institutions, which operate under the private and public sectors.
- Announce specialized training courses, practical training programs, competitions and awards that concern alumni and graduating students.
- Announcing scholarships on master and doctoral levels in regional and international universities.
- Publish studies, reports and articles related to the labor market, unemployment, selecting the suitable major, and other important topics for graduates.
- Publish the reports of the Alumni Affairs Section related to training and employment opportunities, as well as the annual lists of alumni who benefited from these opportunities, in order to highlight the Sections’s achievements among the local community.
- Provide an electronic archive of the graduation ceremonies.